Did you realise that one in three women has dieted in the last 12 months yet only 14% succeed in keeping the weight off long term?
It’s no secret that to lose weight, we need to eat the right (healthy) foods, drop the sugar; eat smaller portions, take regular exercise and drink less alcohol. We all know the basic rules yet according to the figures, most of us ignore them long term even though we have a genuine desire to lose weight.
So what is going on when you cannot sustain your Weight Loss?
This is where Cognitive Hypnotherapy can make a life-changing difference in the following ways:
- Using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) we investigate the reasons you want to lose weight.
- We examine what you currently eat and what you think in the culprit of your weight gain
- We look in more depth at what you currently eat and why
- We investigate whether you are an emotional eater and/or a faster or craver.
- We look at your sabotaging thoughts around healthy eating
- We then explore your portion sizes
- We work on a plan to help you keep the weight off for life
Following these investigations, we tackle your subconscious mind using gentle hypnotherapy. Exposing your mind to positive suggestions while your body is relaxed and your mind is calm will help you make the changes you desire.
It works and it takes away the need to rely on will-power alone. By changing the way you think about food and the way you eat, you can begin making long-term, permanent changes to how you view food. Once that happens, the weight will start to fall away and the new you will begin to emerge. No more slimming club meetings, no more tasteless low-calorie convenience meals and no more boring obsessing with the calorie count of every mouthful you consume.
Here is what a couple of the many clients I have helped, have had to say:
- “Sessions with Leigh have had a huge impact on my life. I came for weight loss but found that I have been able to prioritise all aspects of my life. I am eating better now than I have ever done and I know that this change will be for life, not like other “diet crazes”.
- “As a retired GP with a chronic weight problem I felt I knew everything about dieting and losing weight. However, I had dieted so frequently over so many years that I had finally lost the will to start all over again. Try as I would I could not seriously address the problem. I came to Leigh hoping she would be able to give me the will power to resume dieting. In fact she did very much more than that.
Her method is to act as a friendly advisor, making simple and easy suggestions as to how the diet can be changed without suffering hunger and how the lifestyle can be altered to effect gradual but sustained weight loss.
The hypnosis seems almost to be secondary to the advice and encouragement, although in truth it is much more than that. To my surprise I found that I rapidly regained the will to bring my eating under control; the difference, this time was that it was not difficult. Using Leigh’s method, there was no hunger, no headaches and no irritability. I quickly established a routine which was based upon my lifestyle choices and I found I could maintain it.
I am now lighter than I have been in years and the benefits of the lifestyle changes are considerable. In particular my mobility and agility are greatly improved; my breathing is easier and persistent indigestion has almost completely cleared up. Finally and most important I feel that I shall be able to maintain my new weight. I have been given techniques to use to help me do this should I need them, and I know I can always ask Leigh for further help should I need to do so. I unreservedly recommend Leigh and “Set Your Mind Free” to anyone who needs help controlling their weight”.
If you would like to find out more about how Cognitive Hypnotherapy will help you lose weight, just give me a call on 01908 265410 or e-mail email@example.com and I’ll be happy to meet and explain how this safe, painless therapy can start to change your life!